Purpose & Beliefs
The purpose of Commerce Middle School is to engage students in successful learning opportunities while building character and confidence in order to be well-prepared for their high school experiences.
School Values and Beliefs:
We value the improvement of student learning and achievement by:
1. making student learning the chief priority for the school,
2. providing a safe and physically comfortable environment that promotes student learning,
3. providing students with appropriate opportunities for success,
4. providing a curriculum which incorporates a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles,
5. involving teachers, administrators, parents, and the community in the educational process.
1. continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to help students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners,
2. students learn best in safe, comfortable environments with high behavioral standards,
3. students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning and to strengthen their abilities and with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement,
4. each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs,
5. teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission and maximizing the management of available resources.